Applications for independent practice registration must be submitted through physiciansapply.ca. Please read ALL the steps belowLOLS10在线直播下注 before going to physiciansapply.ca to start the application process.
Carefully review the .
LOLS10在线直播下注Also, consult one of the following to determine if you satisfy the basic criteria for eligibility to apply to Alberta:
Complete any eligibility requirements you do not currently satisfy.
We recommend you do not start the application process:
Are you a postgraduate trainee?
This application process is for independent practice registration only! To apply for postgraduate training registration go to: . You may use your physiciansapply.ca account for document verification or to apply for Medical Council of Canada exams, but notLOLS10在线直播下注 to apply for registration as a postgraduate trainee.
Fees you can expect
LOLS10在线直播下注When applying for independent practice registration in Alberta, the following fees, with applicable taxes, may be required. These fees are accurate as of October 2018 and may change without notice.
– Establishing an account with MCC: $280
– Sitting the MCCQE Part I Exam: $1,230
– Sitting the IELTS exam: $320
– Sitting the TDM exam (applies to IMGs interested in Family Medicine): $1445 + applicable taxes
– Completing the one-day PRA Orientation workshop for IMG Candidates through UofC (applies to those requiring a PCA & SPA after July 22, 2019): $665
– Submitting a Review of Qualifications: $195 to MCC | $200 to CPSA
– Verifying credentials: $160 per document to MCC
– Registering in Alberta upon successful application: $800 to CPSA
– Practice Permit fee: $1,960 to CPSA
- If you do not have evidence of . Achieve the required IELTS scores first.
- If you are an International Medical Graduate or Osteopath and have not passed the Medical Council of Canada Qualifying Examination Part I (MCCQE Part I). Pass one of these exams first unless you are being recruited to an academic appointment at an Alberta LOLS10在线直播下注 Faculty of Medicine. Apply through your physiciansapply.ca account (see Step 3).
- If you are a Family Medicine International Medical Graduate (IMG) and have not passed the Therapeutic Decision Making (TDM) exam. Pass the TDM exam first and then apply. If you finished postgraduate training in LOLS10在线直播下注A, UK, Ireland or Australia, we encourage you to before applying for the TDM exam. If CFPC sends you a notice recognizing your training, you may be exempt from writing the TDM. If you get this notice and you meet all the other CPSA registration requirements, you can complete a Review of Qualifications through physiciansapply. Please email a copy of your CFPC notice to: email@example.com.
- If your postgraduate training does not meet our requirements. Successfully complete the required training first (must be in a continuous, formal, accredited training program).*
- If you have been out of practice or formal postgraduate training in the discipline of medicine in which you intend to practice in Alberta for more than three years. Wait until you have returned to practice or formal postgraduate training for at least 12 months.
*NOTE: Fellowship training, community service, public service, national service, Medical Officer posts and practice experience DO NOT satisfy the postgraduate training requirements.
Set up an account with physiciansapply.ca to:
- Apply for Medical Council of Canada (MCC) examinations
- View your MCC and National Assessment Collaboration (NAC) examination results
- Submit your medical credentials and documents for source verification (required for training completed outside Canada)
- Have your medical credentials translated if issued in a language other than English
- Share your medical credentials and exam results with medical regulatory authorities and organizations, with your consent
- Submit a Review of Qualifications for Alberta
FAQs about physiciansapply.ca
After we receive your from physiciansapply.ca, we will assess if you are eligible to move forward in the application process. We charge a $200 Cdn non-refundable fee for this assessment, payable when you submit the Review of Qualifications. Therefore, please ensure you meet ALL the requirements in Step 2 before you submit. (Note: This fee is in addition to any fees charged for your physiciansapply.ca account.)
LOLS10在线直播下注We will notify you of the results of your Review of Qualifications by email:
- If you are not eligible, we will explain why.
- If you are eligible, we will advise for which register (Provisional Register Conditional Practice OR General Register). We will also provide detailed instructions on how to proceed, including when you will have access to the complete application.
If we determine you are eligible for the General Register:
- Carefully follow the instructions outlined in the Review of Qualifications results email.
- This email will include information about the supporting documentation, assessments, fees and important timelines, etc. required to complete your application.
- Please ensure all required documentation is submitted and made available to the College through physiciansapply.ca.
If we determine you are eligible for the Provisional Register Conditional Practice:
- Follow the advice we sent you in the Review of Qualifications results letter.
- Go to to apply for a physician posting that is eligible for Alberta Health Services (AHS) sponsorship. You must have a Review of Qualifications results letter from the CPSA.
- If we do not receive a sponsorship form from AHS on your behalf within six months, your file will be closed and you will not be granted access to the application for registration process with the CPSA.
After your application file is complete, with all medical credentials and supporting documents submitted and verified (as applicable), the College will analyze your application and notify you whether or not you qualify for registration in Alberta. If you do, you will be provided with further instructions and details regarding completion of:
- an assessment, if required,
- final registration documents,
- registration appointment (in person or online, at the discretion of the Registrar), and
- payment of applicable fees and taxes.
If you qualify for registration, the College will issue you a practice permit and you will be entitled to practise medicine in Alberta.
Go to physiciansapply.ca
LOLS10在线直播下注 Go to to start the application process.
Click LOGIN to create your physiciansapply.ca account.